Do you have the bumps and grinds of Tempest Storm? The charm and appeal of Bettie Page? Then maybe you have what it takes to be crowned Miss Viva Las Vegas!
The BURLESQUE COMPETITION at VLV has become a favorite event of the weekend. Our anonymous panel of burlesque experts will choose the first 4 finalists. The competitors will choose 1 more. Then our on-line audience will vote and choose the final 5 finalists.
These 10 finalists will advance to the gorgeous stage of The Orleans Showroom and compete to become Miss Viva Las Vegas!
Miss Viva Las Vegas is a competition in which top burlesque dancers compete for the title Miss Viva Las Vegas. The best dancer is one that represents the spirit of Viva Las Vegas, and the sexy and glamorous art of the striptease. Regarded as one of the top burlesque titles in the world today, Miss Viva Las Vegas is an edge-of-your-seat burlesque competition held in the flashiest city in America!
EXCITING CHANGES TO THE VLV BURLESQUE CONTEST
We will no longer be employing the applause-o-meter but instead going with a panel of judges who are well respected and knowledgeable about burlesque. The panel will be made public prior to the event.
We value and appreciate all of the performers at VLV and will continue to find ways to improve our methods and create a positive experience for everyone who performs at and attends VLV.
ONLINE VOTING IS NOW OPEN!
SCROLL DOWN TO VOTE FOR YOU FAVORITE PERFORMER
- Note about voting:
- When a vote is placed, you will get an email with a link that you must click to validate the vote. Without doing that, the vote will not be counted. If email settings are very strict the link could go to your bulk/ spam folder.
- Only 1 vote per email, per IP address will count.
- Creating fake emails or using IP generating programs will be caught in our system and not counted.
These are our first 5 finalists to advance to the competition:
Meet our panel of burlesque experts who will choose Miss Viva Las Vegas 2018!
Our Queen Ambassador, Egypt Blaque Knyle
Burlesque Mega Star, Dirty Martini
Los Angeles Burlesque Producer, Lili VonSchtupp
SUBMISSIONS OPEN ON SEPTEMBER 1st 2017.
Here is the schedule for submissions and announcements
Sept 1st Open for submissions
Dec 16th Submissions Close
Jan 4th Judges 4 choices announced plus contestants choice announced
Jan 5th Public voting starts
Jan 31st Public voting closes
Feb 2nd Finalists announced
When you do submit, you will not see your photo on the site immediately as we have to manually approve them to avoid spoof entries.
THANK YOU TO OUR AMAZING PRIZE SPONSORS from this past event
(Click on company name for a direct link to their website)
Star Struck Clothing
Burlesque Hall of Fame
Sort This Out Cellars
It’s A Rockabilly World
In addition to fantastic prizes, winners will also receive the following:
1st Place Winner will receive $200 cash
2nd Place Winner will receive $100 cash
3rd Place Winner will receive $50 cash
When you vote, you will receive an email afterwards. This email has a link which you must press to confirm your vote.
This means that if you use a fake email address your vote will not count. Voting is limited to one email address and one IP address
- Solo performers only.
- 4 minute time limit per act
- Finalists get a free wristband for VLV but need to arrange their own flights & hotel.
- No guest list.
- Cash alternatives for prizes are not available.
- The organizers reserve the right to request the performer changes the music to suit the event.
- Running order to be determined in advance by a random drawing.
- Each submission must include a link to a YouTube video showing only the contestant performing. It can be any length but only needs to be about 30 seconds.
- When judging begins all submissions WITHOUT video will be deleted.
- Videos are required to show contestants experience at burlesque.
- No fire or pyrotechnics acts at all.
- The organizers reserve the right to delete an entry if they consider vote cheating has taken place or the contestant is not suitable for the event.
- No substances allowed in acts. Meaning no liquids, glitters, powders, confetti, etc. If you are unsure, contact us to avoid elimination.
- No male contestants/performers allowed.
- Official contestants will be asked not to perform in Las Vegas 1 week before or after The Miss VLV Burlesque Competition without the permission of organizers. Failure will result in elimination.